Sunday, March 15, 2009

i hope i die before i get old.

my grandma was recently transferred to the home literally just down the street from mine, so really, i have zero excuse not to see her more often.

it's a beautiful place, recently built and over looking the river. every time i've been to visit i've spotted at least one deer walking the banks.

not only is it more enjoyable for me to visit (and more convenient), i've noticed some change in her as well. we held a 77th birthday party for her last night, and it was a good time. good food and my crazy family, who picked on doug incessantly. i bought a balloon bouquet (mostly so she could have it in her room after), and made a card. i'm pretty proud of that card, if i do say so myself.

now all i can think about is how i can make her room seem more like 'home', and what little things i can make to cover the walls. they're just asking for it.

ideas so far:
found a sunflower mosaic kit that i could put together for her window
'pretty-up' a small corkboard for pictures (memory board style)
vertical mattes/frames for each grandchild from birth-graduation
take some knickknacks from home
put up a spoon rack from home

because, hell, i wouldn't want to live in what's not much better than a hospital room.

i get a lot of satisfaction out of making things for people, and i'd like to think they're not half bad. i wonder if i could actually do something like that for a living, but my dad says i don't want to get into business. i dunno. so many ideas whirling around in my head, so little time and money. plus effort. cos i'll admit i can be lazy. case in point? my room. don't get me started on that. i hate myself for it, yet when i even attempt to clean it i lose all of my energy and get bored within seconds. i need to work on this.

just asked what our 'mars mud' is, and received a very upset? response when i said it was just goo. 'it's not from mars?! ' ....

No comments:

Post a Comment